In order to register for an account with the Honors Peer Advising Center, you must understand and agree
to the following policies:
- I can use the HPAC only if I am an honors student or a current Virginia Tech student considering applying to Honors.
- My peer advisor will follow university privacy laws, including mandatory reporting laws, meaning that if I disclose information about a crime or sexual assault, they are legally obligated to report that information to the authorities.
- The HPAC embraces the Virginia Tech Principles of Community and will not tolerate their violation.
- If I require assistance or accommodations to use the HPAC, I will mention this in my appointment reservation to ensure that they will be available.
- I must have an appointment to use the HPAC.
- I can make up to two appointments per week and up to 15 appointments per semester.
- Limited walk-in appointments may be available but will still require an appointment to be made.
- If I am more than five minutes late to my appointment and another student is waiting for a walk-in appointment, I will be marked as a “no show,” and the other student will be given my appointment.
- If I cancel my appointment less than two hours prior to its scheduled start time, I will be marked as a “no show.”
- If I miss more than two appointments in a semester, my account will be suspended for the remainder of the semester and any existing appointments will be canceled. My full appointment scheduling privileges will be restored in the following semester.
+ AGREE AND REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT